Here is some information regarding this summer’s upcoming John Smith Wrestling Camps.
**Coach Draper & Coach Brown encourage ALL 2015-2016 wrestlers -incoming 9th graders and up- to attend Team Camp. Wrestlers learn a LOT, bond as a team, and have a lot of fun! Through fundraising will be an opportunity for each wrestler to earn 100% of his camp tuition!! (information coming soon)
- Dates: June 25-29, Thurs-Mon
- Thurs: wrestlers carpool to Stillwater from SFHS
- Thurs-Sun: wrestlers attend clinics & coaching sessions with Jon Smith, the OSU coaching staff, and OSU wrestlers
- Mon: wrestlers compete in tournament against other schools in attendance (last year’s camp drew 41 teams from 23 different states). Friends & family are invited and encouraged to come watch Monday’s tournament!
- Cost: $360 per wrestler
- Sign Up & Pay: Coach Draper collects registration forms and payments.
- Meals: Tuition includes meals & housing
- OSU provides all meals for wrestlers at the Sirloin Stockade all-you-can-eat-buffet at 208 N Perkins Rd
- *OSU website says wrestler’s first meal is on Friday morning.. Takedown Club will provide pizza for wrestlers for their Thursday night dinner.
- Wrestlers can pack snacks, sports drinks, bottled water, etc
- Wrestlers can bring extra money if they want food other than what is provided at Sirloin Stockade.
- Fundraising: There will be fundraising opportunities available for all interested wrestlers (**more information to follow**)
OTHER OSU JOHN SMITH WRESTLING CAMPS AVAILABLE:
TECHNIQUE CAMP http://www.osuwrestlingcamps.com/techniquecamp.php
**This camp is a technique & skills camp and ends with a tournament.
- Dates: June 21-25, Sun-Thurs
- Participating wrestlers would attend Technique Camp and then go straight to Team Camp when the rest of SFHS on Thursday, 25th.
- Cost: $400 per wrestler
- Sign Up & Pay: OSU Directly (go to website for more information)
- Fundraising: not available
Typical Day: 7:30-8:30 am Breakfast 5:00-6:00 pmFeedback Dinner 9:00-10:30 am Instruction 7:00-9:00 pm Instruction 11:30-12:30 pm Lunch 10:30 pm In Rooms 1:00-3:00 pm Instruction 11:00 pm Lights Out
INTENSIVE CAMP http://www.osuwrestlingcamps.com/intensivecamp.php
**This camp involves a LOT of CONDITIONING!!! 4 workouts a day!
- Dates: June 21-30
- Cost: $1,100
- Sign Up & Pay: OSU directly (go to website for more information)
- This is a longer camp and the last week runs concurrently with OSU Team Camp. In the past, participating wrestlers have been able to attend Intensive Camp AS WELL AS attending Team Camp sessions in the last week. Talk to OSU directly to work our terms as far as scheduling and possible adjustment of tuition rates.
- Fundraising: not available
Typical Day: 6:30-7:30 Distance runs, sprints, sprint-jogs, stairs, etc. 7:30-8:30 Breakfast 10:30-12:00 Technique sessions-training, drilling, learning new skills. 12:00-1:00 Lunch 3:00-5:00 Practice-hard wrestling, hard drilling, conditioning exercises. 5:00-600 Dinner 7:00-9:00 Lifting, technique session or film. 10:30 In Rooms 11:00 Lights out